Friday, October 18, 2019

Very Versailles - Butterfly Gala - Stampin' Up! 2019



I saw a card on a Demonstrator Facebook page (Isabelle Amara, I believe) and decided I wanted the Very Versailles stamp set.  I then made her card (with a couple of changes).  Her card is lovely, sweet and simple; just what I was looking for.

I used the Butterfly Gala stamp set that co-ordinates with the Butterfly Duet punch.  All stamping was done with Blueberry Bushel ink.  I coloured one of the Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems with the Night of Navy Blends and added it to the abdomen of the butterfly.

After stamping the script background and leaf branch I used the Wink of Stella and coloured in all the leaves for a bit of shimmer.  Be careful using the Wink of Stella....it is water based just like the blue ink so the colour moves.  My pen slipped and I ended up with a streak off one of the leaves.  I used a Rhinestone (coloured with the Blends Night of Navy Marker) and covered the error.  I then added two more rhinestones.

Here I wanted to see what two small butterflies would look like.

I had another slip of the pen here at the top of my card.  That is how I ended up with a small butterfly at the top and the larger one at mid point.

Very Versailles, such a lovely stamp set.  I think the stamps would work so well on a scrapbook page too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Visit me at:

+++++

No comments: