Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ribbon Class Cont'd...Shabby Ribbon Flower

The second flower we did in our class was this Shabby Ribbon Flower.  Our Vintage Brads are perfect for this flower.  I made one from every color of 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon that I had.  This is my demo assortment.   I found a video tutorial for this flower back in April on Jenni Ingerich's blog Stamp With Jenni.  They are perfect for any vintagey style of card or scrapbook page.



My display card below was made using the Early Espresso Striped Grosgrain and the Vintage Vogue stamp set.  The corduroy buttons are retired, but were on the Clearance Rack at time of this post.  I used the wax paper embossing folder technique to make my patterned paper.


We made a black striped ribbon flower and tag as a make and take.  These little flowers only take 6" of ribbon to make.   I'll have those to show on my next post.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy

+++++

1 comment:

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

These are so cute, very pretty on the card. I bet they would also look cute on a hair barrette.