Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ribbon Class Cont'd.....Fork Bow and Fringed Ribbon

I saved these techniques for my last post!!  Once again, I let them choose the ribbon color of their choice and they made one sample of each technique.
This one card shows two ribbon techniques.

.  The satin ribbon bow was made with a medium sized salad serving type fork.  I first saw this technique done on France Martin's blog and was amazed at how simple it was!  As simple as it is to do, it's not so simple to explain clearly in words!!  Best to learn this visually. 

The fringed ribbon below the fork bow is a super simple technique I saw on the blog of Mary Fish.  Just cut off the end of the ribbon lengthwise and pull the frays away a few at a time, until it is the length you want.  Works great with any grosgrain ribbon.   How simple is that??!!!

My card uses the Eat Chocolate Stamp set, done in Pink Pirouette and Early Espresso.  Love this set!

Cindy

+++++

No comments: