Sunday, May 12, 2019

#loveitchopit - Afternoon Picnic Cards- Stampin' Up!


So, have you heard of the hashtag #loveitchopit ?  I have noticed it a lot of late and finally looked into it.
Here's how it works:

Take a pack of paper and cut it up into 5.25 X 4 inch pieces!  That's it!  Do it to the whole pack.  Keep the strips left over.

Now make some cards!

I have A LOT of retired Designer Series Paper.  I didn't know where to start so I chose my pack from the front of the pile (it was in alphabetical order).  

Afternoon Picnic (2013) was the name of my paper.  I had 9 full sheets with scraps.  That first pic shows it all cut up.  I then decided I wasn't just going to put it away, so I started making cards.  Just 5 for starters.

It was fun using current and retired product to make each card.

I was much more likely to punch into pieces when they were already in a workable size.  Here I punched out one of the elements and raised it with dimensionals.  I used Wink of Stella for some shimmer.  A piece from the Delightfully Detailed laser cut sheets was used through the middle.

More punching here.  I had already fussy cut some butterflies a couple of weeks ago from the Butterfly Gala DSP so it was a quick accent for this card.


More detailed laser cut sheets and some Very Vanilla Lace Trim.

I love the opportunity to use up retired products, especially ribbon.  I only have about 4 feet left of the Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and will use it all up with this pack of paper.  

This bird from Best Birds was already stamped and cut, sitting in the case, ready for a card.  The sentiment was stamped on one of the Stitched Labels framelits. 

So give it a shot..
#loveitchopit

Love It Chop It originated (I believe) by Kylie Bertucci and Stampin Up! Demonstrator in Australia.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy
visit me at

+++++

No comments: